Monday 12 July 2010

Spanish Steps

Well what a busy few days. There has been a bit of speedway, a trip to the beach (obviously), some more undergrowth torture, a world cup final, and a very impressive 'cook off'. The speedway is becoming a bit of a favourite (thanks to 'Spearo'), I have rode most types of bikes but never a speedway bike and one of Newcastle's stars, Mark Lemon, may soon be letting that happen for yours truly - no brakes and lot's of speed, I can't wait.
As far as the football is concerned, the saying 'the right team won' really did ring true as Spain passed their way to winning the World Cup. Both teams dived more than Tom Daley at a world championships, but with players like Xavi and Iniesta Spain are a true delight to watch and I think most people were delighted that they won.
As far as the 'cook off' is concerned Sarah Miller produced a faultless performance -in and out of the kitchen!. It was a top night, although Jase stayed fully clothed and chose not to do a full football warm up in the 'buff', and I wouldn't fancy following Sarah's culinary masterclass (Rob!).
And finally, as far as football is concerned, I am still mulling a few things over. I am obviously not currently at pre season training anywhere and after 22 years of doing so it does feel strange. Although I have signed for clubs before in my career very close to the start of the season, whether I don a pair of boots this season is still very much in the balance. It is quite a difficult decision to make and maybe it would be easier if it were decided for me but for now I am happy to be spending some time with the family not thinking about 'the beautiful game'.

P.S Thanks bro for a great weekend and thanks Harvey for being a real star.

P.S Hard drive to be purchased today, videos not far away.

CH

No comments: