Monday 6 September 2010

Business

Well, is Wayne Rooney a cheating, lying, philandering, adulterer. I don't know the answer to that question and to be honest I'm not really bothered. What does bother me though is the weak and cowardly responses from the same type of 'family' companies that stood by Tiger Woods during his 'couple of slip ups. You know the stuff, the 'no comment', the 'we stand by him during these 'allegations' sort of angle. Will someone ever show some ******** and tell it how it is. Or shall we just sweep it under the carpet and keep churning out the merchandise to the masses. Lets keep the kids coming through the door to buy the boots and shirts. Yes lets do that. If England had lost recently and Rooney had played badly there is no way Capello would have had in on that plane to wherever it is there going (OK so I'm not up with the fixture list at the moment) But no, the PR machine cannot be interrupted, nor can the 'bigger' picture. The argument with me is not about who did what - I'm not preaching here and I'm certainly no angel, if he or anyone else wants to cavort with a donkey whilst wearing a maids costume and hopping on one leg, then off you go - but what does annoy me is the way the money machine tries to pacify the situation. You can get injunctions or super injunctions or even Spaghetti Junctions but the truth will always come out, because as we all know your business is usually someone else's business too. The double standards are just a joke. And breath Mr Hargreaves.
I know it's probably the most unrealistic comparison of all time but dear old Mike Basset had it about right, and that's what we are missing here, a bit of realism - although seeing Fabio Capello dancing the night away with his star striker may be taking it a bit too far!

In other news (I like saying that) Burt and Bill have been separated for their own health (dwarf hamsters love a scrap!) Hattie has just told me that she painted the whole of Sidmouth and planted all the trees there, and I thank the lord. I just thank the lord, full stop.


CH

No comments: