Friday 10 September 2010

Changes

I'm going mad. I actually thought I had posted blogs in the last few days, I am obviously very wrong. I thought I had talked about Pakistan's cricket team, Harriet's bedtime stories, and a trip to see a man about a dog, but I haven't, and so I won't!
My wife has just attempted to switch on the BB final but my response was enough to persuade her to turn it off (whilst pressing the record button of course), and I am sat down after taking the children for a late night walk to the shop to buy some sweets. Very irresponsible I admit, but hell it's the weekend.
I was walking along Torquay seafront the other day and bumped in to an old mate of mine from Plainmoor. He was working on one of the day tripping boats in the harbour, and as we got chatting he told me a bit about his life, about the war, and about the bay. His stories were absolutely magnificent, from the Messhersmits trying to gun him down in the war, to the story about Vane tower overlooking the harbour, to the sea of warships lining up along the coast ready to go to war on D-Day - what a difference now, with speedboat rides, boat trips, and yatchs lining the marina instead of landing craft and battleships.
It was a quality moment with a top bloke and I just thought that I would share it with you, simple as that.
I am looking forward to all the games at the weekend, but I must admit I did get a slight pang of disapointment yesterday knowing that I would not be waiting for the bell to ring in a changing room somewhere and piling out to do battle with the lads at 3 p.m. Times are a changing though and my immediate plan is nearly complete. I will see you on the sofa on Monday but until then, have a good great weekend you beauties.

CH

No comments: