Sunday 19 September 2010

Update

Apologies on an epic scale for my enforced blog absence. I have had some major technical problems with the old 'lappy', and coupled with the loss of my iPhone(and subsequent mild depression that came with that loss) I have been rendered incapable of any 'postage' - to be fair I could have visited any one of the Internet cafes now dotted around, I could have used my wife's laptop, or I could even have used my daughters notebook, but lets not go on about it eh!.
Anyway, after a very busy week I am now sat down ready for action. First of all, well done to T.U.F.C for another good result, although I must admit I half expected the name 'Sills' to pop up on Sky Sports News. After all, isn't it the norm for ex players to score against their former clubs? Having not seen the team sheets or the report though, I don't even know if old 'Timmy' played, but I'm sure he got a good reception either way, and deservedly so.
I also saw the Sheffield Wednesday coach travelling back from Plymouth quite late on Saturday evening, always a sign that a team has spent a fair while in the changing room after a game!
At Hargreaves Towers the pace has remained frenetic. With the children back at school and my wife at work, and with me having separated most of my fingers to put in as many pies as I can, life is very busy at home.
Now the 'footy' career has finally come to an end, I am branching out in a couple of areas which is really exciting. As well as still waiting in the wings for someone else's misfortune (football jobs of course!),I am also going into the world of business. I am close to sorting out a premises for a coffee shop/eaterie which is something that I have always wanted to do. I will keep you posted on date, place, and menu!. And finally, I am soon to complete my PT training courses. I have always loved keeping fit and 'hammering' the gym, but soon I will be able to put other people through the mill as well, so be ready for Bleep tests, twenty minute 'beastings' and lots of press-ups! - other workouts can be arranged at a much more leisurely and enjoyable pace.


SIMON LOVE

Whilst watching Man United overcome Steven Gerrard's best efforts this afternoon, I helped a mate of mine, Paul Hannah, host an auction - Paul Hannah, of Glastonbury 'caining it' fame, and all round top bloke, that is.
The auction and game beforehand were for the charity MIND, and in remembrance of Simon Love, who had so tragically lost his life. Judging by the turnout, and the way people spoke about him, he was one hell of a lad. The auction and game raised well over a thousand pounds, and it will probably be nearing the fifteen hundred mark once all the counting has been done, and the beer has been drunk. The game itself was a good laugh but very, very painful. If I wake up tomorrow feeling like I did after 40 seconds today I will be reunited with a surgeon friend of mine before the the week is out. By the way Paul, you were fantastic, you had vision, determination, desire, and skill. Just don't take another penalty!
I have to say that I did feel sorry for the lads on my team, having to play with ten men isn't easy (I'll try to get fit for the re-match!).

P.S Nice one for the shirt Manse (Extra tight as expected)
P.P.S I can't quite remember the name of the lad who scored from 30 yards today!!
P.P.P.S Got to go as the girls are baking, the fire alarm has gone off, and I am worried.
P.P.P.P.S Kev, I still love you and think about you daily (I love Jenny more though)

CH

No comments: