Friday 19 March 2010

Sport relief

It was nice to get back to Devon on Wednesday night for my daughters birthday. We had arranged for the gang, plus Issy's friend Zoe, to go for a fish and chip supper in Budleigh and with Issy thinking I couldn't make it back for the meal it was great to surprise her - I had done some early surveillance and opted for the wisest option, to wait for their arrival in the pub over the road from the fish and chip shop!
A feast for a king later and we were back at home recovering. Yesterday any left over calories were definitely burned off at the local athletics club. With sport relief in full swing the club were having a 'bit of a do' involving, of course, a mile run. Although neither Issy or I had any idea it was going on beforehand we just had to join in . I was made the 'official' starter of the race and after firing the old starter pistol I caught up with Issy (well I waited for them to come round!) and ran the rest of the mile with her. It wasn't the distance that was the difficulty though, it was the fact that I had a pair of Timberland boots on!

No comments: