Sunday 7 March 2010

Tag Team (blog started by Mr H and finished by Mrs H)

Unfortunately the Oscars wasn't to be for me this year! I know I have had a few supporters for my recent performances on the 'beeb' but I thought I would learn my trade a little more before venturing over the pond! Maybe next year!!
I am back at the hotel this evening, having trained today in Oxford. The body is trying to rebel but the mind is still strong for the run in, and it looks like it will be a tense one.
This will be the case for many clubs across the country. Hopefully not for the one I have just left though, as yesterdays great result against Darlington means that safety is in sight so well done to all the lads.
I travelled to Plymouth with my dad and Cameron yesterday to summarise on their game with Preston. They desperately needed a win and nearly got it, but even after throwing everything at Preston in the second half it wasn't to be.
It was great to see 'Sparksy' again though, his enthusiasm for the game is really refreshing even with his team fighting for survival. Cameron and 'Mart' had a great time and really enjoyed watching the game without the usual pressure watching me play! A nice bit of grandad and grandson bonding as dad tried to introduce Cam to the delights of bovril!! He wasn't buying it though, Cam only drinks and eats chocolate related items at footy.
My parents were over for the weekend (not on their motorbike thankfully!)and as usual they spoilt the children rotten, although me leaving at 6.30 a.m this morning was a shame. Harriet provided most of the entertainment on Saturday night with her X-factor shows, high on a cocktail of Haribos and life!
It was great to see my mum and dad and the children having such fun. It is a shame that we live so far away from each other and it can be hard for the children when they leave. Issy in particular gets upset when both grandma's and grandad's have to return home. It is made more difficult by the fact that both my brother and Fiona's sister and their children live within a few miles of each other. Anyway we will look forward to the next visit in a few months and with it the next delivery of 2 kilos of sweets, treats and gossip about family and friends in the North.
Must go as £10 charge is about to start - I need a 'dongle'!.

No comments: