Friday 26 March 2010

Rained off

Apologies again about the recent lack of blog activity. No lame excuses like the cats ill (I haven't got one anyway) or the boiler's gone, it has just been difficult to get online.
After playing on Wednesday night I drove back to Devon, arriving back at 3a.m. Incredibly, as I popped my head in to see the children, Harriet woke up as bright as a button and said hello. She also woke everybody else up in the house!
The game itself against Rushden was just a battle really. They have been on a great run lately and so to get a point was OK but with the table as it is, and with almost a thousand fans travelling to see us, three points would have been much better. We now have a must win game against Gateshead tomorrow and then we travel to Stevenage on Tuesday for what is a huge game in terms of the title, and to be honest we cannot wait for it. As I have said before the mood in the camp is spot on and we are really up for the challenge.

As far as home life is concerned I hadn't seen my gang for a week so it was nice to get back home and see how everyone was doing. With my wife working and with the older two at school yesterday it was just Hattie and I and so we/Harriet decided to go on the train to the beach. The fact that it was torrential was neither here nor there as we trudged to Dawlish Warren to go on some rides and build sand castles - very wet sandcastles.
On arrival though, and I suppose as expected, the place was a ghost town, all rides were either shut or waterlogged and with Harriet flagging it was a case of carrying her on my shoulders for the next couple of hours. We got soaked, missed a train, got robbed on a 'grabber' machine, were attacked by mutant seagulls whilst trying to feed the ducks (they also got attacked), and just about managed to make it back to collect the other two from school. Mission complete.

CH

LOCAL FOOTBALL REPORT LATER

No comments: