Saturday 20 March 2010

Old boy

I must say a big well done to Cameron, Isabella, and Harriet for completing their school mile for sport relief. For the older two winning their respective races was a priority, whereas a distressed Hattie made her mum give her a piggy back as she couldn't keep up with the older ones (I would have loved to have witnessed that sight!). Hattie had already had a pretty traumatic day, as had the nurse who tried to give her the required pre-school boosters. After refusing to take her jacket off and saying "I don't like you" to the nurse and also screaming the whole surgery down when she saw the needle in question she then did something that the nurse told Fiona hadn't happened to her in her entire nursing career. When eventually the needle was administered my little John Rambo grappled free and decided to rip the needle out of her own thigh, actually bending it in the process!.
The nurse, Fiona, and the older two children were absolutely drained by the time my little firecracker had left the surgery with her smarties in hand. Still, when they all arrived home what did Harriet say?....."It didn't hurt at all Mummy". My little hero!
On the football front I went to see Northampton play today, it was great to get such a nice reception and to see some old faces. I also bumped into Cyrill Regis who had a few top words of wisdom. Tomorrow we face Tamworth and in a word, we have to win.

CH

No comments: