Wednesday 29 October 2008

Credit Crunch

Could my regular Friday night TV be under threat?. It usually involves Johnathon Ross interviewing guests and freinds but this time I think he may have got himself into a bit of bother!. I enjoy watching his show on Fridays as JR does his stuff, great guests( the recent visit of Stevie Wonder was brilliant) and great banter. Initially after hearing he and Russell Brand had been suspended I thought over reaction get a grip whoever has complained(10,000 people phoned the BBC) about the radio show they were presenting together.
I have since heard the phone call made to Andrew Sachs(Manuel in Fawlty Towers)and the answer phone message left was let's say controversial!!. Since then both have been suspended and I bet they are sweating buckets while on 'gardening leave' awaiting their punishment. I would be really surprised though if the BBC axed two of it's biggest stars especially Jonathon Ross who has millions of viewers and is on millions of pounds!!. A slap on the wrists maybe. The lesson must be to avoid Russell Brand and live radio at all costs!!!!!.
Still on the Fawlty Towers theme and the hotel that Michael Poke(our currently injured on loan keeper) has been staying in this season is the original Fawlty Towers!. Lot's of pictures and memorabilia but no Basil, Sybil or in fact Manuel and the food has definitely improved over the years!.
Christmas is upon us and judging by the queues in most shopping centres the credit crunch is on the back burner. You have to keep your elbows in position like a marathon runner when shopping otherwise prepare to be trodden on and left with the piles of clothes strewn over most shop floors. I managed 1 hour today with 'the girls' until alarm bells started ringing in my back and stomach. The only thing I can bare to buy on these dangerous assault course visits is food and coffee so for me it will be the normal annual Christmas eve mercy mission!!.
Two thank-you's today, firstly Mel at South Devon College who broke me, in a good way though(massage) and secondly Dan next door who I have just seen return to the house with surfboards on the roof rack, thanks for the invite mate!!!!!.


CH

No comments: