Wednesday 15 October 2008

Guru

I was due to be surfing today but have had to cancel due to lack of mobility! Instead I visited Pete Morgan at South Devon College for a bit of manipulation and massage,I'll come back to Pete later. Before I moved down to Devon I hadn't really surfed much so was keen to try it. As luck would have it our pre-season tour was in North Devon so the whole squad piled into the minibus and headed for Westwood-Ho.
The squad was split into three groups. A quick crash course, then it was into the water, and on this day in question the waves were big.
Two hours later we all came out battered, bruised and half drowned but with big smiles on our faces and 'sea tales to tell'. Highlights were the manager not seeing Shaun North and surfing through/over him and Kev Nicholson constantly rolling of the board to the amusement of all the lads(sorry mate). A great day though ending with fish and chips on the sea front and a game of bingo, two fat ladies and a few prizes, now that's living it up!.
So the surfing bug was caught, in fact myself, Chris Todd, Lee Hodges and Damo our crack physio even turned round on the way home to 'catch some more waves'(Point break moment).
Since then I've been surfing a few times and even kayaking with a mate which was great albeit a bit dodgy on the return journey, my mate's judgement on the water clouded by Bass beer(quick stop at Turf Locks pub).
Not forgetting to mention Jet skiing on Exmouth seafront a few weeks ago, my bro and a mate brought a 1500cc supercharged machine to town. I think they were determined to kill me on this channel crossing monster, I took it a bit steadier on my own ,well for the first five minutes anyway. We are now a full on surfing/skiing family, even the beast(baby)dons a wetsuit and eats waves,literally.

Finally back to Pete Morgan, the Guru. Pete lectures at South Devon college and has set up his own physiotherapy business. He also comes to games and visits after training to help out Damien and give his expert opinion. He is one funny man, his stories are legendary, including sledging with his dogs(being dragged for 2 miles-the sledge broke!) and sneezing egg mayonnaise on a date(there was no second date!). Must not forget to mention his devilish good looks,if your reading this Pete I'll e-mail you my address and you can send me the cheque in the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CH

PETE MORGAN - Up and Running.( Injury Assessments and treatment)Tel:01626 334665
Free assessments/Special Discounts on treatment for all Torquay fans.

No comments: