Monday 6 October 2008

Saturday Night Fever!


Just arrived back home with my son after the Stevenage game. Great conditions for football, blowing a gale and raining, but considering the conditions I thought the lads played well. Three good goals and a solid performance. It must have been a bit nippy in the stands today, so thanks to all who came to support, at least there was something to shout about against a team well fancied for promotion this season. No one knows how the season will pan out it seems open for anyone at the moment, so we just need to make sure that we are doing everything in our powers to be one of those teams. This is the only time I will talk about last season and what I will say is we were all devastated with the end result, having to return home with my kids after both games and seeing their faces it hurt like hell, but its gone and its now onwards and upwards. You can either sit in a corner with your thumb in your mouth or dust yourself off and try again and thats whats gonna happen.

Tonight is going to involve major saturday night TV, plenty of food and a few glasses of red. Times have changed, it's now a few friends round and all the kids going mental to You've been Framed, X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing. In fact as I speak my kids are on the ceiling in fits of laughter watching a man headbutting a Birthday cake and and a baby being fired canon style over a sofa after over egging the baby bouncer. Clubbing every weekend may be a thing of the past but me and the wife can still party !!. The difference now is you pay for it big time the morning after the night before, especially when you have got the Beast (The Baby) demanding to watch FiFi and wanting a slice of ham at 6 in the morning, you just have to dig in and pretend you have had more than 3 hours sleep.

Tomorrow will involve watching the boy play footy and maybe going to watch the motorcross up the road,me and the boy usually both have bikes but at the moment his is under a pile of stuff in the garage and I have sold mine to avoid doing myself in !!

Cheers Chris

No comments: