Friday 10 October 2008

In a really bad mood today but I am going to try to be consistent and blog , win, lose or draw.
I did the school run this morning and then returned home to ice my back. It's the last thing you need as a player, getting hit in the ribs after 5 minutes of the second half of a game you want to do well in, and spending the next 40 struggling and playing badly.
A lot of the lads play with knocks etc, the amount of games you play feeling 100% are few and far between. I'm not playing the violin though! I stayed up till about 3 last night thinking about the game, after 20 years it still drives you mad.
It's the same for all the players and staff, taking your work home with you takes on another aspect in football, its not just very hard to turn off , you don't turn off!!
Home life is a whole lot better when your winning and most players, managers and their families I have come across in football are the same.

I thought I would nip into Tesco on the way back and get a few energy drinks, vits etc. After filling the old basket with enough stuff to keep a small army awake for a month I spotted a checkout just about empty so I headed for it.
TEN minutes later I was still at the same checkout, listening to the troubles of a woman whose bloke had piles, talking to the checkout assistant who wasn't happy with her new hair colour. I'm not joking either, I'm serious, I don't know whether they were bothered I was waiting there but they just kept on talking.
I stood there, back on fire, thinking they must be good mates so I kept quiet and dug in. Finally the checkout assistant completed the transaction and said to the woman "Thanks then, nice to meet you".
Need I say more, it finished me off.

No comments: