Monday 13 October 2008

It's the morning after the Rushden game and the old body is a tad sore.
I didn't feel great before the game so Damien Davey ,our club physiotherapist, gave me another injection in the back prior to kick-off and a 'booster' at half time. Not very enjoyable but it had the desired effect, we obviously won and won well.
I thought that there were some great individual performances and collectively we looked strong yesterday. It was great to see so many fans at the game so hopefully as well as getting a suntan, you also returned to Devon having seen a good game.
My family stayed in Northamptonshire at the weekend catching up with old friends, great hospitality and wine (so my wife tells me). It was nice for my children and wife to see an away game.
They thought it was funny when after the away fans shouted the obligatory "where's your caravan" I pointed to the car park. It's harmless banter, especially when you win!!!!!!
Also at the game were my parents, Avy and Martin, who rode down from the East coast to the game on their bike, yes I said bike ,1200cc!.
I won't tell you how old they are but let's just say they are eligible for cheaper fares. I don't know many miles have been racked up on that bike but I reckon they could give Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman a run for their money.
If you're reading this A and M, see you soon and lots of love.

If you're wondering when I'm going to get political and topical it's soon. Yes the credit crunch will be mentioned just as soon as I have opened and recovered from our latest credit card statement.
CH

No comments: