Sunday 26 October 2008

Morning TV

This is an early posting on the blog today due to a couple of reasons, namely the clocks going back and the baby waking up but also the fact that we are having a day out. Yes it was my turn to rise with Harriet this morning and deep joy it was 5.50 a.m. I tried to persuade 'Hatty' that it was still nighttime but it was in vain, soon we were both downstairs watching Teletubbies and reading Flora's Blanket.
Why is it always the same, if I had gone to bed at 10p.m last night 'H' would have been in bed till 9 this morning!.
It's my fault I know but when everybody had gone to bed, my mind was still in 'the Red Bull zone ', I stayed up and trawled through the offerings on late night/early morning TV . First I caught the second half of the Bundesliga game between Bayern Munich and Cologne, a great game ending 4-2 to Bayern. While this was on I kept flicking over to watch the 100 greatest scary moments, in the end the final three arrived.
In 3rd place,Jaws, bit of a surprise there, especially when Spielburg explained that the mechanic fake Shark broke down so they had to drag it along, Scary eh!. At number 2 was the Exorcist, a real heart warmer this one, a young girl is possessed by the devil complete with white eyes and a deep voice. The winner, not my favourite, was the Shining, big scene involving Jack Nicholson battering a door down with an axe for 5 minutes. When he finally popped his head through the smashed door to the 'delight' of the screaming girl, he actually made up the next line. "Heeere's Johnny" used to be the catchphrase on the Johnny Carson show!. Stato!.
Also got a late night text from a mate with an invitation to his birthday meal. Michael 'Slipmat, Chatty' Chapman is going to be 40, oh dear the big one, I'm sure when it's mine in 10 yrs I'll be worried as well!. Chatty was my next door neighbour when I played for Hull and we had some great laughs.
I once 'wallpapered' the whole outside of his house, it took me all day but it was worth it. Why? well to cut a long story short I found out that he and another mate had 'broken' into my house after a night out and while I was sleeping had made themselves a pile of cheese toasties, too much evidence left lad's!. It's just a good job I didn't wake, go downstairs prepared to greet the burglar's and start 'windmilling'.
I also sabotaged a Tennis date 'Chatty' had with a young girl by hiding in the bushes and making constant animal noises. He said to his date it was a Squirrel nest!, but his game went to pot especially after the Elephant noise in the 2ND set.
Add that to the fact he nearly killed us on a railway track, he was throwing a few shapes to some music whilst driving his battered VW Sirocco, I think there could be fireworks when we reunite.
See you at the York game 'Slipmat', tight shirt and fairy bun ban in place.

CH

No comments: