Monday 6 July 2009

First Day Back

Yes new colour scheme, yes different layout.......no, same blogger! and if this new look page doesn't tickle your fancy just blame Guy !.
I am again posting late on tonight as I have only just returned from the club - a night of pictures with the cup, Hargreaves and Sills!. Thanks to all who turned up, hopefully you went away with a good shot and hopefully the club raised a few pounds to put towards Nico's shower gel.
The first days training went well, a classic 'Bleep' test, a few press ups and a smidgen of football. Mansell skipped away like a spring lamb, Toddy was committing to sliding tackles and I was avoiding elbows but was still trying pull every trick in the book in order to win ( sorry Kev ).
It was good to see some of the lads again ( Benyon excluded ). Bev's has now reached a milestone, a years barren spell is now a major worry though!. Mark Ellis is the only man to have returned from holiday whiter than when he went, maybe you can actually ski in Mexico!. Broughy is building up his biceps after a horrid Wimbledon newspaper shot. Danny is still reminiscing about Ibiza and Robbo is now ( post Murray defeat ) denying he is Scottish.

I returned home from training to find myself ushered upstairs ( steady !) where I saw a sight that sends shivers down the spine of most men ( steady again! ). Yes the mother of all flat packs is still in pieces, covering the entire bedroom floor - I only had an hour at home before I shot back to the club and so had just started it. It is like a 1000 piece jigsaw and without doubt I will be left with several important pieces on completion ( around Friday ). Failing that, and if it starts to beat me, it will all be thrown out of said bedroom window !.
Can't wait until tomorrow, more running and more random pieces of wood.

CH

No comments: