Thursday 23 July 2009

Monaco to Tesco

I watched the lad's play again tonight, I'm still unable to take to the field due to the old 'snozzer' operation and a troublesome calf injury. I thought the team played really well, being robbed of a penalty aside we were definitely the better side. I think 'Cloughie' junior has certainly got his hands full trying to make a serious challenge for promotion with that team, on tonight's showing anyway.
The quickest bit of play that came from one of their team tonight didn't even involve a ball. Finding himself at the edge of the pitch the wily old campaigner with long hair ( wow that sounds familiar! ) Robbie Savage started to get some stick from the home fan's, chants of where's your caravan started up. Nicky Wroe was near him and he said that without hesitation Savage shouted back "Monaco mate" !!!.

And yes, there's always a 'finally' once a month. Finally I popped into Tesco ( my nemesis ) late on to get some milk and cereal. A lady was ticking off a list of newspaper's that hadn't sold and were due to go back. Always inquisitive to find out more ( like do the paper take them back, or are they recycled ) I asked one of the ladies " Where do they go back to, what happens to the papers? ". A woman replied " I don't care, as long as I do my job I'm not bothered". In my book she might as well have said "World poverty, it doesn't interest me" or " Ozone layer, couldn't care a less, just feed me, pay me and let me be in a bad mood for the next 40 years, I've got no views on anything, no ambition and absolutely and completely no banter ".
And my reply to her answer ?............ "Thanks then, bye", let's just put it down to the fact that she was tired, it was late, and some bloke in a suit with long hair was asking too much!!!.

CH

No comments: