Monday 27 July 2009

"Let's play Darts"

I have finalised details for 'the' book today which is great. It has been an ambition of mine for a long time to write a book, but for it to happen the way it has and to actually see it and hold it is brilliant. It has certainly taught me a lot about the world of publishing, namely that to make money you have to sell bucket loads!. Whether anyone buys it is another thing but either way I am delighted to have done it. It still brings a smile to my face knowing that I can read a book with a happy ending and at least for those who suffer with sleeping problems it may well send you off nicely at night!!!.
Two generations of the Hargeraves clan are still braving the elements in a tent, and surprisingly are still having a whale of a time ( the children anyway! ). Even a pitch relocation and two day's of torrential rain have failed to dampen their spirits. When Issy and Cam told me last night that Harriet had thrown darts with Bobby George I thought they were joking but no, Bobby, complete with candelabra and cloak, and Sid ("He is puttin awaay doubles like an exorcet missile guing from naytion to naytion") Widdell were putting on an exhibition match at the complex. Harriet was dancing away to the music near the stage, when, before you could say "Let's play darts" the 'king of bling' was holding Hatty, throwing arrows and having his picture taken. I can't wait to see the pictures, they will be posted straight away !!!.

Finally I trained today for the first time in what felt like ages, not with the lad's but with Gareth and it went well. It's a case of 'do or die', hopefully though I will join in tomorrow and then play on Wednesday in a rearranged pre season game. If that goes well I will go for it in the Dorchester game, the final pre season friendly. The squad is looking good and with a few additions it will be even stronger. This summer seems to have flown by, it won't be long until points are at stake, ice is at the ready, happy pills are stockpiled and late, late blogs start appearing!!!!!!.

No comments: