Monday 24 August 2009

Crazy Games

I have been a bit preoccupied by my own sport recently to talk about any of our nations other favourites, but I have to mention the old 'rugger' controversy. Four Harlequin players have been caught on camera feigning injury, by bursting fake blood pouches and then walking off the field of play apparently 'poleaxed'( Definitely should have brushed up on their acting skills! ). Absolutely shocking play from the player's, directors, and all concerned with the club. What makes it worse is listening some of the 'big wigs' in the sport trying to wriggle out of it, dismissing it as a bit of 'foul play'. Then the player's come out and say they want to put a line under it and that in the future it will make them stronger!!!!!!!. Poor stuff from the 'big boy's'.
I'm sure my mate Ian, a former Rugby player and drinker of several crates of Bass after a game, is a bit miffed by it all. He is still trying to come to terms with my sport having the wrong shaped ball, now the 'diver's' in football have actually been overtaken ten fold by the 'wow I think I'll kid everybody by pretending it's Halloween' crew!!!!!.
And we all know what would happen if a football player had done that, I'm thinking a minimum punishment of a public hanging!!.
Football is still the craziest of sports though, in what other business would the controversy of a random stabbing of a defender, or the purchase, by a 'newly rich' club, of a £24,00,000 pound defender, hit the headlines in the same week!.

CH

No comments: