Saturday 1 August 2009

Firestarter

What about this !. My next door neighbour Dan, a fireman and improving tennis player, rang me to say he had been called out to a fire ( no shock there then I hear you say ). Before I forget I must mention that the local planners have done a fantastic job creating a children's park in the neighbourhood, complete with zip wire, football/basketball court, slides, swings, den's, tunnels and climbing frames etc, etc, etc.
Back to the story though, and, as I say, Dan phoned me and, as I say again, he told me about a fire he had attended. But no, it wasn't a house, no, it wasn't a car, nor was it a bike or even a bush!. No, some local 'chavs' had climbed up on top of the huge wooden climbing frame and set fire to the 'carved' owl sitting proudly above the park. Not being satisfied with the way it was burning they decided to put a plastic bag over the top of the owl, put their hands in their pockets, ( full of Rothman's stubs, knuckle duster's and badness ) pull out some matches and give it a real good go !!!!.
So now as you pass by there is a lovely reminder or their handy work, a half burnt owl !!, good work lad's, next time why not bring some petrol, a few flamethrowers and have a party to remember. Meanwhile the excited schoolchildren can carry on watching as the procession of fire engines pass by !!.

Is it just me or am I getting old !!!!!!!.

CH

No comments: