Thursday 6 August 2009

Fatherly love

Belated congratulations to 'next door's', yes Paul and Amanda, our 'other' next door neighbours, are the proud parents of baby Molly . And their three year old son Will has cause for double the excitement. Not only does he now have a baby sister to play with, he also has a proper girlfriend. Yes Harriet Hargreaves is in town !!!. They are currently taking it easy at this stage but 'woe be tide' any toddler who comes between 'Willy' and 'Hatty'. 'H' is not to be messed with !.
Obviously at this stage I can make light of the fact that one of my daughter's has a boyfriend but, and it is a big but, when the day comes that a testosterone filled youth knocks on the Hargreaves door, offers a limp, warm handshake and then attempts to drive her off in a car that looks like it has just reversed into Halfords, then 'Houston' we have a problem.
I have already decided to install CCTV in the 'games' room I am planning for my clan. In true 'Meet the Fockers' style I will use high tech gadgetry to hide my camera's and, if for some reason I miss something but still suspect wrong doing, I will not hesitate in using a highly concentrated dose of 'truth serum' on the accused. A quick jab in the neck, a five minute wait, and then some answers !.
I dread to think what my father in law to be ( he didn't imagine that scenario would happen! ) thought when I used to screech up in my car at seventeen, pick up his little girl, and then screech off again. Not only that, I was also a footballer !.
It hasn't been that bad though, they say the first fifteen years are the toughest, and, since we have had children, and certainly in the last couple of years I have really been welcomed with begrudgingly open arms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Only joking Iain, you are a true gent, a top father in law, and a wonderful grandad, and mine's a pint of Guinness next time we are up !.

CH

No comments: