Sunday 30 August 2009

Journey from Hell

The mother of all journey's has just ended at 12.30 a.m. I am just going to give you the facts until my sense of humour returns - we set off yesterday at 11 a.m and didn't arrive at the hotel until 2.30 a.m....today!. We then played well but lost, a bad goal conceded just before half time and another late on when we were pushing for an equaliser saw us off. I feel sick physically and mentally, a combination of too much time spent on the coach and the disappointment of working your 'proverbials' off for nothing has finished me off for the weekend. Returning to an empty house, as my wife and children have gone away, is the final straw. Do not approach for seven days.
Apologies if this is not what you want to read but that is the reality of life as a footballer, up and down. Thanks alot to all of you who travelled to see us today.

CH

No comments: