Saturday 8 August 2009

League Football

It was a proud moment to be leading the team out today, back in the football league and even better, at home. I thought the lad's were excellent this afternoon, some great individual performances and a real desire to win. You might know that, after weeks of rain, the weather for the first game of the campaign was 'oven like', no air and a severe lack of lung activity meant for a pretty torrid first twenty minutes ( for me anyway! ). The atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic though, it is something we are going to need this season more than ever.
And so here we are again, sat at home in my boxer's, with an extreme 'dab' on, my body in turmoil, and with the prospect of another fifty or so games. It's great to be back!!.
Tomorrow the girls hit the beach for some ray's and waves, while the boy and I head off for somewhere quite familiar ( for Torquay fans anyway ), yes we are off to Wembley to watch Chelsea v Man Utd. I hope for Cam's sake, and for the sake of my wallet, that we at least return to Devon with a Chelsea win!.
Must go as there is a large glass of medicinal red wine calling me over.

Thanks again for your support.

CH

No comments: