Monday 3 August 2009

To be or not to be

*Slight technical hitch ! I thought I had posted this blog last night, never mind I will add onto it later on *



Huge thanks to everybody who popped into Torbay bookshop tonight. It was a small gathering of friends, who have either helped me with the book, supplied material for the book, who are involved at the club, or who just wanted a to get out of the house!.
As I am now an official author!, joining the likes of old Bill Shakespeare and Roald Dahl, I must start planning my next book. Lot's of ideas have already crossed my mind, the latest being ' The Top 1000 Rants' ( I like the title but it's not very light hearted is it !).
Just a very small 'finally' tonight.....Finally, a mate of mine, no names mentioned, popped over to a friends 'ish' ( hence no names mentioned ) the other day. As both sets of children began playing together the friend 'ish' in question's mum ( stay with it ) excitedly called the children over saying " Who would like a milky button" ? Kid's being Kid's they shot over to the sweetie tin. Once there the mum opened the tin and handed her children a button each, they then mooched off trying to make them last longer than 4 seconds. Then my mate's little one was handed 'a' button, she ate it but this time just stood there in total amazement saying "more". But no, the tin was shut and everyone carried on as normal!!!!!!!.
They are either on war time rations, they are pretending to be little doggies, or they are used to being on the receiving end of one of the sadistic acts of cruelty to children I have ever seen because at that rate a small bag of buttons would last them a month!!!!. It's a good job Hatty wasn't there. On her Birthday morning we gave her a big bag of giant buttons. I don't know whether there was a hole in her
bag but by 9.30 a.m they were gone !!!!.

LATER ON.......

I know I don't often talk about the old 'fuzball', and that may annoy some people, so I will give you an idea of how the week is shaping up for the first game of the season. Monday was tactical, defensive or attacking work depending on who needed what !. Today we had a hard day, long runs, short runs and then a high tempo game. Tomorrow will be a strength day for those who need it, Thursday will involve more high tempo games and set pieces and Friday will be a short combination of everything.
The mood in the camp is good, we have seen some new faces join which makes the competition for places fierce. Personally I feel like I have only just recovered from the efforts of the last two seasons, the summer break seemed to fly by ( for everybody ), but the old body has finally recovered enough for battle !.
As far as the lad's are concerned Bev's is still lifting weights semi naked ( with me ! )and talking to himself, Wroey is still cycling the Devon and Cornwall coast in his spare time, Elliott has now matured enough to be trusted with sharp knives, Toddy is still wearing belt buckles encrusted with diamonds, Hodgy and the Ghoul have recieved a new car school member who refuses to speak ( Ben Joyce ), Muzzi and Ty are still approachable with extreme caution!, Danny and Robbo have started saving already for next years 'Danny and Robbo go large in Ibiza', Manse, Sillsy and Kev are back in the circle of trust after their video diary attack on me, Mark Ellis is now mingling, Ricey is turning into Liam Gallagher, Wayne is considering starting a band ( Ricey lead singer ? ), and finally I...well you only have to read the blog to know how mentally disturbed I am!!!!

P.S welcome to Scott Rendell and to Pete 'the Guru without a tache' Morgan.

CH

No comments: