Thursday 13 August 2009

Meaty

It was smiles all round this morning as we 'modelled' the latest kit for the annual team photo. Before I forget I must mention the game the other night. A 2 1 loss to Crystal Palace may seem like a case of 'unlucky eh' but the general feeling was that we deserved more. Anyway it doesn't matter now, it's back to the capital this weekend to face another team, this time in the league and this time at a slightly different ground !.
Back to the photo shoot and a few of the lads were sporting new hair cuts ( Kev ) and some, new suntans ( Bev's ), otherwise it was business as usual.....mess about, abuse all the cameramen and complain about the seating arrangements!.
Once training had finished I dragged Scott Beaven and Mark Ellis to the opening of a butcher's in Babbacoombe called 'Save On Meats' ( we are open to offers, haberdasheries, grocer's, hardware shops, we do the lot! ). Run by Bob and Sue it's an old school style butcher's that I think will do well ( I can't do any more plugging than that! ). Once Bev's had been abused ( just harmless banter ) and Mark and stared at everyone ( the words are nearly there! ) we trotted off home with our goodie bags of 'sausers and steaks'. Sorry Kev there were only three bags !.

I must apologise to our friends Carl and Ange who have been staying with us. I have hardly had time to see you guys. I know you will have been 'really disappointed' (both of you ) about that as I haven't been able to drag you halfway around Devon and Cornwall, but at least the liquid refreshments ( Fiona and Ange ) have eased the pain !.

Finally, I have two small 'topics' of conversation tonight, British Rail and Car Stickers ( No connection ! ). I travelled to London on Wednesday by rail, I paid a fortune for my ticket of which the price increased the later I booked it. The bizarre thing about it was that, once I was on board, a nice man upgraded me to First class, which would have cost three times as much. I'm not complaining but I did feel like I had abandoned my fellow 'squashed in' passengers, that is of course until I reclined the chair and received my complimentary coffee !!. But my point is that First class was totally empty, so why on earth don't British Rail do the decent thing and let more passengers in there ( elderly passengers, mums, etc, etc ) instead of ramming everyone in 'cattle class'. Or at least reduce the price !!. That said, I was pleased that on the way home I was back with my fellow hardy comrades, as an elderly couple got a fit of giggles so bad that it made everyone else laugh as well. They still know how to party!.
Oh yes, and car sticker's ! You know what I mean, ones like 'My other car's a Porsche' and 'Don't mess' etc etc. Well today I was behind a car that receives my award for 'Chaviest car sticker of the year award 2009'. It read....... 'DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT', inspirational stuff eh !!!!!!!.

CH

No comments: