Thursday 24 September 2009

Bed Bound

A great night was had by all!(q and a at the club) I think that was the general consensus of opinion about last nights proceedings. It certainly was as far as us players were concerned. The meal was really good and so were the questions asked. The answers however did vary, especially from the grim reaper, Kev Nicholson - he was actually just pleased to be there and Jenny was also delighted to have a night off from Mr Motivator!!!.
Thank you to everybody who turned up and thanks for being 'sympathetic' with the questions.

I nipped to get cam a new pair of boots today (and trainers) as they seemed to have vanished into thin air. Well just one boot actually went missing so good luck to whoever is hopping about with one football boot on. The trainers apparently stayed with the single boot for company but what amazes me more is how Cam managed to return home from footy with nothing on his feet. Boys eh!.
I did reassure him that I too have lost the odd item over the years though but usually not my own - I buried my brothers new ball on Fistral beach after one minute of him having it and also rode his new bike off to a mates on Christmas day only to return without it!!!. I haven't improved with age, my current bank card is issue number eight!!
Finally I had a call today, I think they call it 'cold calling' where the caller in question picks random phone numbers and hopes he gets a sale on whatever product it may be. Well this is how the call went "Hello do you have trouble getting out of the bath" ?
....."Pardon"...."Do you find it hard getting out of the bath". After the initial shock I answered, laughing, "Give me a break mate I am only 37", the reply was a rapid "Oh OK bye".
So basically they were hoping I was nearly bed bound and be relieved of an aid to help lift me out of the bath. Sorry to disappoint you but no, I am not yet at that stage. Give me a call after another fifty games!!!!!!.

CH

No comments: