Tuesday 1 September 2009

Evening all

Sorry about the lack of blog last night, in the absence of my little clan I don't seem to be functioning properly. In fact, as well as forgetting to post a blog, I have also done such random things as clearing the garage, mowing the lawn, organising the loft and relaxing! - and I have to tell you that I don't like it!.
Tonight we travel to Cheltenham, with it a chance to catch up with one of my old managers Martin Allen, and a chance to progress in a cup competition. This season has been a bit up and down already but we are close to finding the right combination. All football clubs have peaks and troughs, on and off the pitch, it's simple really, as long as we all stick together and want the same thing we will do well.
Only a small rant today, I was riding my mountain bike on Sunday (random again!) and had to go up onto the path as it was a really busy road with no cycle path. As I rode along the deserted path, bizarrely, a woman 'traffic officer' stood on a corner (obviously in a bad mood after investigating a mole theft) shouted "Your on the wrong side and get on the road". (There was no path on the other side !!!!!).
So my scenario was simple, be a good boy and ride across the road, get crushed by a lorry or car speeding down the tight road, but be legal!!. I chose my own option and shouted back "If it's Ok with you I would rather keep my life intact today, so either run after me, phone a helicopter, or chill out". The last comment may have been pushing it, I half expected a police chopper to appear in the sky or a road block to be facing me, but I made it home (at pace!).
Some conclusions to be drawn from this are; don't approach policewomen on a Sunday, don't choose a road with no cycle path (hard to do) and under no circumstances take your bike out of the garage!.

P.S Before any letters of complaints go into the HE, I like the police, I like cycles, be green, and mole's do not steal!.

CH

No comments: