Sunday 27 September 2009

Promises

Well what about my prediction about Sol Campbell finding league two harder than he might think ? Even I am surprised that he only lasted one game, and that was a loss! I read today that he felt let down by the shallow promises made by the club to get more high profile players in. Sol, if you honestly think that the club were about to sign players like Benjani then you must be mad. Notts County will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, regardless of last weeks events, but one word springs to mind about the whole affair, shambles!.
I, along with Lee Hodges, went to the Plymouth v Forest game today. A catch up with old friends on both teams, a spot of radio and a half time round of applause went down well after a tough weekend. A full house at Argyle wasn't enough to drag the team to victory and so Plymouth are now another Devon side who have lost too many games on the spin. The most annoying thing about the whole day though was not being able to tell people how well we were doing, having had that luxury for two seasons. Answering the tenth question of "Whats happening down at your place" was hard to bare. At least I could sympathise with how they were felling though!!.

I am proud to be a Torquay player and like all Torquay supporters want the club to progress, I know we can carry on and do well this season but that all important victory cannot come quick enough for me. That is football done for today, tonight it's time to catch up with my wife on matters relating to children, money, schools, and obviously, most importantly, what's on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

CH

No comments: