Wednesday 16 September 2009

Hill Climb

Seventeen hill runs, a mountainous cross country race and a swim in a freezing, swirling sea. Yesterday's training, in a nutshell, was hard!
Hard, but sometimes mornings like that are needed. Not only was it a physical test, with Odacombe and Babbacoombe hills being 1 in 18 gradients!, it was also a mental one. We have been on a bad run of defeats, training had been hard the previous day and the mood in the camp was tense, but after a very hard day, with everyone giving it their all and after a quick dip in the sea, the atmosphere had definitely lightened - especially when witnessing the effects the cold water had on some of the boy's!!!!!.
Tyronne has not been seen since and the TV camera's even came in to film Danny Stevens, thanks again to 'Seaside Rescue'!.
It warmed my heart yesterday to see so many classic 'Devonshire' sights, the sun setting over Dartmoor, the waves crashing to the shore, my book in Waterstones, and even a burnt out speed camera. Yes Ok the last two were 'red herrings' but all the same I did have to laugh when I heard Lee 'Lambster' Mansell's message on my phone...."Jesus is there anywhere I can go to get away from you, me and Alyssa ( his daughter) were just walking through town when she shouted 'look it's Hatty's daddy', I looked up and there you were in the window". Other words were used as well but we don't need them do we !!. Don't worry 'lamb'I will try not to get blinded by the lights and I will save you a poster for your wall!!!!!!. It is 'slightly' below Wembley but nevertheless it is a proud moment knowing the blog has reached Waterstones, now the hard part of keeping them out of the bargain basket begins!!!.
Today I aim to unravel the body and then take my 3 mobile back to the Disney Store where it belongs!



CH

No comments: