Saturday 19 September 2009

No hiding places

This was written at 6.30 p.m last night, I didn't post it because I wasn't sure I would feel differently this morning - the answer is no, I feel worse.

I'm sure there will be a lot of frustrated and annoyed fans reading this blog, five losses on the spin is hard to believe after the last two years that we have enjoyed. As captain I feel responsible for the teams and my own performance, win, lose or draw. A freak own goal and a poorly defended free kick just sums us up at the moment though. You have to make your own luck in this game otherwise you get trampled on and left behind. We all have to remember what got us our success, hard work, team spirit and ability. I know which ones we haven't got at the moment and maybe that is what we will work on in the week.
Whether I carry on playing or not, am picked or not, or just remain at the club to coach, I desperately want us to do well. If we stick together and fight, no back biting or pointing fingers, results will come.
It's hard to explain how you feel after losses but it's not good, if ever there was a job in which your work comes home with you then this it is ours. The one thing you can never do though, whether you like it or not, is hide.
That is why I am writing this now.
One thing we still need is your support, whether you think the team or the captain or in fact anybody is at fault then fair enough, but what is needed more than anything is togetherness on and off the pitch.


CH

No comments: