Sunday 16 January 2011

Carving

I saw one of the most horrendous sights I have ever seen today, it was shortly after I had taken the children swimming to the local baths - I named it **** soup as we walked in, as there was hardly a space left in the little pool. Partly due to it's heat, depth, and ease of access, it was like an African watering hole in there. For health and safety reasons we headed to deeper waters and the big pool, and duly froze to death.

The sight I saw outside was a car, and a pimped up car at that. I'm not just talking about half the contents of Halfords hanging off the back end, I am talking about a serious modification of suspension, spoiler, and colour. Regardless of having wheels, the car was almost level with the tarmac, and it had the biggest man made spoiler I have ever seen. Either side of the afore mentioned demon spoiler were two hand carved dragons, and below these macabre looking bits of black fiberglass, in big white letters, was scrawled the romantic statement 'LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS'.
Now call me old fashioned, but if any scrote ever has the audacity to turn up at the family house attempting to pick up either of my beautiful girls I will take a large bat to the rear spoiler of this dream machine and carve up a new back end for Doctor death and his car.
I'm no killjoy, but I will be rigging up full CCTV in the games/monitoring room that I am setting up for my children (when they are about twenty one).
I love my babies so much that I cannot imagine them leaving. I wouldn't call myself an emotional person but I just sat and stared at Hatty last night as she was sleeping and I was full of pride and love at my little fireball. This may have been ruined when she officially kicked off in the morning, but 'the' moment had definitely been had.

Commiserations and congratulations to those in the game this weekend.


CH

No comments: