Sunday 28 December 2008

Gutted is an understatement about today's result. Losing at home against a team that had one shot on target in 90 minutes is hard to take. We have been punished for not taking our chances in a big way. The performance was very similar to that against Histon at home last week and we won that 4-1. But if you don't take your chances, and we didn't this afternoon, this game that drives us all mad has a habit of hurting you. The Kidderminster players and their 40 fans celebrated at the final whistle like they had won the league and I'm not surprised as they should have been beaten by 4 or 5.
As a player you have to take it on the chin but I can tell you that losing a game like that is a real killer. I'm that angry I feel like wrecking the place and throwing my boots through the window but I don't think that would go down too well with my Wife and Kids. Having my family at games is great but trying to remain calm after losses is difficult. My boy takes it really badly in fact he kicked the seat in front so hard he thinks he may have broken his foot. I could go on all night and probably will to myself when everyone is in bed but the fact is it's done.
If anyone thinks that as a player you leave the ground after a match and turn off you couldn't be further from the truth. All the lads will be extremely low until the next training session and the next win.
For now I will be putting on a brave face and getting on with family life whilst suffering from a massive case of internal combustion.


Thank you as ever for your support.


CH

No comments: