Tuesday 2 December 2008

Testing Times

I can't believe I managed to watch a whole episode of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of here without throwing the control through the TV screen. My anger levels watching the box these days are really worrying me. My wife already thinks I'm a cross between Jim Royle, Victor Meldrew and Jack Nicholson in 'As Good As It Gets' who basically is wound up by everything and only likes a few things.
I know watching the jungle antics can be addictive, but watching last night I was cringing at the pleas for votes by the celebs and the total 'Wetness' of Brian who reached the top in a hard profession but who on the show came across like a proper 'Wet Blanket' . He stood there hanging on every word from a singer from Blue and an Eastender, get a grip mate!!.

As for the other 'Inmates' purely on her huge achievements and also the fact that she is a lovely person I won't have Martina criticised, fair play to Simon who tried to conquer his obvious fears in the water trial but who milks the old 'Righteous' one. George surely doesn't speak in 'Star Trek' mode all the time, Nicola's chest is going to blow up if she goes to close to the fire and Joe is more 'Cockney' than 'Chas and Dave' . Finally we have David, love him or hate him he is pure entertainment and is a dead cert for the baddie in Panto as soon as he steps out of the Jungle.
The worst of all though are the adverts during the show. Someone needs shooting for hiring Kerry Katona for the Iceland ads, I don't mind old Biggins, but no I don't want a box of 12 king prawns complete with plastic spoons and I'm not going to do the conga eating a frozen voluvant.

I have been tested to the max this morning by my awesome little 2yr old Daughter. I know what Fiona feels like now being home alone with 'Hatty'. This morning started early and went something like this" Read daddy"......... ten books later it was "Den Daddy'.........a displaced disc later and "I'm hungry Daddy". Her menu was scrambled egg followed by some cheese then 2 yoghurts, a bottle of milk, a lolly( couldn't help it she found it!) and 3 advent calendar chocolates ( never going to get to Christmas). Along with the food she wanted to watch cars on TV and also came out with lot's of mental phrases including; " Oh dod almighty", " I go to work now", " I won't blue jean's on", "Don't annoy me Daddy", "Don't wind me up", I lub you Daddy","Here's your hair clip Daddy"!!!!!, I need some sheese" and 5 cries of " I need milk Daddy, NOW". She is now across my lap with the TV control down her top, wincing while eating some Kiwi fruit... Life is good but please Fiona come home all is forgiven.

Game tonight and the same as normal is required, a win.



CH

No comments: