Thursday 11 December 2008

Nativity

This evening we were treated to another performance of the Christmas Play. It was very good, a classic nativity play. The children have been in some bizarre Christmas plays at different schools before. I remember one play in Northampton being set in space and lasting for over one and a half hours!.
Stick to the original format, we want to see Mary and Joseph, three kings, baby Jesus and the innkeeper and his wife, job done. And so it was, as well as being super quick( it lasted 30 Min's ),the play ticked all the boxes and bonus points for Cam our son as he was Joseph.
He remembered all his lines but he refused to hold hands with Mary and was a bit intimidated by her size ( a foot difference ).
Isabella was spitting feathers in the back row, she was only an Angel. To make matters worse Cam was given a box of chocolates after the play. More bribes needed for next years lead parts I think.
I managed to video the show which was no mean feat considering the size of the camcorder I was holding. We bought it over ten years ago and times have moved on. People watching the play thought the BBC were in filming a documentary the camera was that big. I dread to think what the film looks like as I had the shakes for the final scene, my forearm was failing.
Still I shouldn't worry, Cams first birthday( He is ten now ) is still on a tape in the box with all the other Plays, Weddings, Christmas', Birthday's, holidays, and Bar Mitzvah's that we have filmed over the years with that Camcorder. In fact it's a miracle I found the box with the camcorder in. The amount of house moves we have had recently have meant that some boxes have remained up opened for years on end going from garage to garage. Which reminds me I must remember to look for the box marked "Kid's pets". Only joking they are safe and sound at Friends in Northampton!.
Hi to 'Flopsy' the rabbit if you have managed to unlock the gate, open the back door, turn the the computer on, oh and have learnt to read!!.


CH

No comments: