Sunday 10 January 2010

Birthday Greetings

Last night it was a classic Mrs H dish of Steak and chips followed by homemade, and massively labour intensive, profiteroles. This was all in aid of Mr Jason Miller who is 38 today, three years older than me!. To celebrate his Birthday Jase wore a 'special' shirt complete with it's own volume button, set to loud!. After some great grub and some heated debate we retired, happy in the knowledge that Jase would definitely be seen, and safe, in the dark. A record was also set by my wife before the meal of using every single pot and pan in the house, so that on my early rise this morning (my turn) I would not only be greeted with an hour of Fireman Sam and Peppa Pig but that I would also face a crockery mountain.
The whole Hargreaves family climbed the slopes of Devon today to then hurl ourselves down them at top speed. Having not been able to find any sledges this year we decided to improvise and use body boards instead. This actually increased the speed no end so the children were happy, even Hatty jumped on and sped down like a bobsleigh rider. After scaring Mum to death on the slopes we then headed back - handbrake turns a must on the return journey - a slice of cake and a cup of tea later and it was off again to Kev and Jenny's for a (long overdue) bite to eat. On the way there I decided to pull off and explore a country road. This was a very bad move as, after five miles, we actually ended up completely stuck. I had to slide back down a hill and turn round so that we could negotiate our way back, much to the annoyance of my wife and excitement of the children.
After a great meal at the Nicholson's (sorry Alyssa we will come and see you next time, it was Kev's fault) we headed for a farm, After a few hundred snowballs, some chickens, and a few lambs (I did think of you 'manse') we were done.
Finally, I have just asked my Wife for some inspiration for the blog, and her reply?.."It's cold"... Wow, I must ask her more often!.

P.S Oh yes, and game off ! Hence a very bizarre weekend. In fact after waiting in Saturday 'shoppers' traffic for about half an hour I shouted "This is killing me, I would rather be 5-0 down away at Darlington than here". Now that is the sound of a man who hates shopping and loves his Saturday 'footy'. My wife was not amused!.

CH

No comments: