Tuesday 5 January 2010

Sticky Gum

Firstly, and a bit belatedly, I have to say what a result for Leeds at the weekend, Sir Alex must have been chewing his gum at record speed in added time. I know one thing for sure, that my mate Mick 'slipmat cheese stealer' Chapman will have been running around with his shirt over his head for most of the night following the game.
Secondly I cannot believe that Stoke have put a 20m price tag on Ryan Shawcross, good player but come on, are you sure Tony!.
Today we trained on the old 'astro' again. It was a really enjoyable session, which basically involved a big game of football, simple but effective. In saying that the severity of the surface meant that for the second day running most of the lad's were heading for the ice after training.
Playing on such a hard surface really is hard on the body which is why a lot of the club's who had laid AstroTurf pitches in the late eighties/early nineties to save on costs (due to postponed games and training facilities) ended up ripping them up and replacing them with grass again, as most of their squads were retiring through injury!.
The rest of the day has been filled with Christmas 'Deccy' removals, tree toppling, cardboard crushing, general 'choredom' and Harriet. Hatty has kept us all amused by singing her heart out on her piano/organ/mike combo, and eating her dinner with a medicine spoon, whilst dressed as a princess. As well as that she wanted cheese and sherbet pips for breakfast and at school Mrs Irene made her cry at lunch club because she asked her to pick a "bamato" up. Hatty said "It wasn't my bamato Irene, it was Gracie May's, I don't have any bamato's today " I asked her if she was upset and she said she was but that now she was going home it felt "Tremendrous" and that we could do some "Puzzles" and have a "Sausage roll" when we got home. Life is so simple at that age isn't it. Yesterday it was den building, tomorrow it could be "Munsters" and Hide and seek, "Come and find me Daddy, I'm under the cover in my bed"! or even some stories "Once a once a time there was a scary munster" (same story every time!). I love that little fireball, in fact those three goof balls are my life and I don't mind admitting it. Oh and my wife of course!.

CH

No comments: