Saturday 2 January 2010

Frozen Out

I don't really think either team deserved to win today so it is a real disappointment that we couldn't at least take it to a replay. Someone asked me if I thought the game should have been played at all as I left the stadium and I said probably not but that I totally understand why it was. The conditions definitely had an effect on our attacking players and their ability to be able to run with the ball, and maybe if I was not slipping about like Bambi on Ice I would have headed the corner away when they scored. But, and it is a but, there are no real excuses as it was the same for both teams, we lost concentration at a vital time and they didn't.
I am gutted for the club and their need for the money, and for our fans who again this season deserved to go to at least one big stadium. We will have to dust ourselevs off and go again starting on Monday and leading to another very important league game next Saturday.

CH

No comments: