Wednesday 13 January 2010

Football Quotes

'They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.'
KEVIN KEEGAN

'You half fancied that to go in. It was rising and dipping at the same time.'
BIG RON

'There's a little triangle - five left-footed players.'
BIG RON

'Well Clive, it's about the two M's - Movement and Positioning.'
BIG RON

'He dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it - you can see it all over their faces.'
BIG RON


'Our first goal was pure textile.'
JOHN LAMBIE

'What I said to them at half-time would be unprintable on the radio.'
GERRY FRANCIS


'A lot of hard work went into this defeat.'
MALCOLM ALLISON


'In terms of the Richter scale this was a Force 8 gale.'
JOHN LYALL


'We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right.'
BRIAN CLOUGH


'The River Trent is lovely - I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.'
BRIAN CLOUGH

'I think this could be our best victory over Germany since the war.'
JOHN MOTSON


'I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.'
DAVID BECKHAM


'I tried to get the disappointment out of my system by going for a walk. I ended up 17 miles from home and I had to phone my wife Lesley to come and pick me up.'
GORDON STRACHAN after losing to EVERTON

'The Albanians are penetrating us form all positions.'
NIALL QUINN


'I loved football. I played in the morning and in the afternoon. Even when I went to bed with my wife, I was training.'
DIEGO MARADONA


'There are thousands of kids in the area who who'd have their legs chopped off to play for Brighton.'
ROBBIE SAVAGE

_______________________________________

Closer to home, in fact very close. All CHRIS HARGREAVES !

'I went to control the ball and this big fella just barked at me, in fact he just barked at me for the whole game, without speaking at all.'
On playing against WOLVES defender JOHN DE WOLFE


'I will probably have to play until I am fifty the way my wife spends'
After being asked the question of RETIREMENT.

'I lent against the door and it to my horror it flew open. I was hanging on for grim death whilst the white lines of the motorway shot past. I told the assistant manager I could have died. He said "Well it would have saved Jim (Smith) a big problem mate".

This after a near death experience on the coach trip to an away game.



'You can be Grimsby's first million pound player if you just stop messing about'
ALAN BUCKLEY's words to a young Chris Hargreaves. Eighteen months later he sold me to Hull for 50 grand!!!!!!.


It's a funny old game!!!



CH

No comments: