Friday 8 January 2010

George

First and foremost, huge congratulations to Wayne 'so it is' Carlisle and his lovely girlfriend Emma who have had a baby boy this week. George Carlisle is now back at home with Mum and Dad who I'm sure are loving their little man.


I also forgot to say well done on the blog to Phil 'The Power' Taylor who won his fifteenth World title last week. Relentless treble twenties, relentless doubles, and a body blow of a 170 checkout, destroyed his 'Aussie' opponent. I saw 'The Power' at the Sports Personality of The Year Awards a couple of years ago - I was the one treading over world champions and celebrities to get to Beth Tweddle (British Gymnast) who's autograph Isabella wanted! - and he was a top bloke, down to earth and yet at the top of his tree.

We trained on the pitch today which was great, made even better by the fact that it was full of snow - big kids eh. It is strange having not been able to train for a few days, the vigour and energy levels shown by the squad was very good so I am sure that the enforced rest has been beneficial - in saying that Ty 'bunionater' Thompson came a cropper on the ice a few times and Lamb Mansell thinks he got frostbite!.
This cold snap has also been a real bonus for those of us who love throwing the kids down steep slopes on sledges, and of course for those who love spending the morning submerging biscuits into hot tea because they are 'snowed' in!
After I had popped into the club the other day I had half an hour to spare before I picked the children up so I paid the 'Nicholson's' a visit. I phoned to say I was on my way, but to my surprise Jenny (soon to be Mrs N) answered sounding puffed out! I asked her what she had been doing and after a hazy reply of "where are you exactly" she gave Kev the phone who said the same and then said to pop round. If only I had arrived ten minutes earlier and not phoned I would have stumbled on a great sight. Kev and Jenny had decided to have an afternoon workout at home involving press-ups, squat-thrusts, lunges, curls and other random exercises that most couples would only dream of (or wince of) doing together. The final part of their routine must only remain with them but it certainly involved some serious moves and would have brought a smile to my face had I arrived unannounced. It was lovely to hold little Jessica once she had woken and thanks for the coffee guys as well as the confidential story I have just told!!!!.
This afternoon, after a few meetings and before we went to see the children at Barton School - for a push on school dinners, which I think is a great idea but with three children myself dinners have to come down in cost to enable more parents do it - myself, 'Bevs', Kev, 'Charns', and 'Dingle' had a quick bite to eat. We chose the Angel Tea rooms and all went well until 'Charns' started to panic that it was a bit too posh for him, Bevs started to panic that he may have to pay, and Mark Ellis started to panic that he may have to say something (don't worry mate there is no rush). All ended well though, apart from the hole in my wallet that is.
It was then to the school, followed by a quick dash to get Hatty, a quick dash back to get Fiona, a quick dash back to get the other two, and finally a quick dash to the Chinese to get some food for the Millers (whiplash and pay the topics there) and the Hargreaves.
Finally, and with food in mind, I will have to curb my eating habits because at the moment I am either pregnant(unlikely), have got worms (unlikely), or am having a growth spurt(unlikely). It actually must be the rebuilding process my body is going through after my 'man flu' spell. I am talking fry-ups, Thai curry, bacon 'sangers', cheese on toast, chocolate cake, sweets, and 'Dairy Milk', and that is without even mentioning my main meals! This weekend will involve air sandwiches and water, and next week I will hit the gym with a fury - 'Bevs' I will still destroy your confidence in the 'rippage' stakes next week.
Got to go as WW3 is starting upstairs.

CH

No comments: