Thursday 7 January 2010

Destiny

Feeling pretty reflective tonight. They say all good things come to an end and maybe that is going to be the case in the immediate future for me. I have always been pretty honest on this blog and that will remain the same until the end. It has been a unique experience writing this blog and my life and career have certainly been scrutinised, namely by myself!
Having had such a great time over these last few years of my career I am obviously going to find it hard to hang up the old boots - whether that be next week, next month, or next year.
It is all I have known for twenty years, that routine of keeping fit, of eating the right food, of getting ready for games, and then of course enjoying the euphoria of victory or dealing with the pain of defeat. I don't know if I will ever be sure when the time is right to bow out, and maybe after Wembley was the right time - at the summit of what you want to achieve isn't a bad time I suppose! - but the lure of leading the team back into the football league was extremely strong, as was the fact that I still loved playing.
Whatever the future holds I hope that it can be at Torquay. This club has been very good to me and I hope that the favour has been returned. I am not naive enough to think that every cloud has a silver lining but I do believe in destiny, so in the end what will be will be.
Tomorrow I will return in good form with facts, laughs, and stories but for tonight it is goodnight and god bless.

CH

No comments: