Sunday 31 January 2010

Welcome Back

Hello one and all welcome back to the blog! The last week or so has been a bit crazy, hence huge lack of blog activity. I am however continuing the blog. I should have blogged on Thursday but the hotel I was staying in was charging about ten pounds a minute for the privilege and so I declined. Firstly I am gutted about yesterday's result, a win would have been just what was required at this stage but, after going into the lead once again, it wasn't to be.

So much has been said about my departure that I feel it is right to set the record straight once and for all. After that point I will never mention it again and only focus on the positives of my time at the club.
My plan was to see out my career at Torquay and until a few weeks ago that was still the plan. It is true that I was offered a coaching role that I did decline, but it was, with immediate effect, to stop playing, take half my wages, and commence a trial period of three months with no guarantee of anything at the end of it. If that offer is trying everything in your powers to keep somebody at a club then fair enough. If it would have been to stop playing and see my contract out on trial as a coach I would have done it. If it would have been to take half the money but with next season to give it a proper go I would have done it. But I could do neither. I was also not the one who first mentioned my name being circulated to other clubs. I think with all these proposals put forward I kind of guessed my time was up. I have absolutely no problem with the club moving forward, I want it to like everybody else, and I have no problem with my time being up but I just have principles and have to point out the facts. I hope that I have earned my money at this club over the last few seasons on the pitch through blood, sweat and tears and did not earn a penny that I did not deserve or that did not drain the club of it's resources. Hopefully everyone else can say the same.
I suppose it is a disappointing end to a great few years but so often in football that is the case. I have now signed for Oxford and hopefully will give them exactly what I gave Torquay, commitment to the end. I want to thank the fans for giving me two of the best seasons of my career and thank my team mates for being a top bunch of lad's.
I will continue to support Paul and the team, both of whom I have to say I have had a fantastic relatinship with, and will continue to want this club to do well.
Future blogs will include family and the club as normal but will now include a few snippets from another footballing world.

CH

No comments: