Thursday 7 May 2009

Full day

I'm not sure which is tougher, a nine hour day, ninety minutes of football or eleven hours of Harriet Hargreaves. I have just clocked off after taking on the last of these options. Obviously I am only joking I have loved having Hatty beast today but I can definitely sympathise with all those mothers, and some fathers , who look after their brood on a daily basis. I have been a bit pre-occupied lately, so another one of my nicknames, of 'Super dad', has been neglected.
Today, and in the next few days, that is to change.
Hatty and I started this morning at Bears Feet play centre. We drank, ate and played for an hour or so, but, before long, we both had itchy feet( no pun intended ) and needed a change of scenery. So I drove to Teignmouth, where we took on the play park on the sea front at full pace. After another forty five minutes we were again in need of refreshments so we walked up to the Beachcomber Cafe.
I thought it would be a case of a coffee for me and a drink and snack for 'H' but you don't get a nickname like the 'Beast' without some reason. Before long Hatty was tucking into her preferred choice of sausage and chips ! ( lets not mention my all day breakfast - I sent a picture of it to Bev's and he sent one back of himself, top off, doing weights !!!! ). We then headed back to base to plan the afternoon session!.
I decided that the mornings activities had been a bit steep at twenty quid (especially considering that Fiona was on the loose with the credit card) and so attempted to entertain all three children for free. We picked up Cam and Issy from school and travelled to Budleigh Salterton.
Once there we started with a flask of hot chocolate and doughnuts ( 51 pence for three at Tesco ! ) all cuddled up with a blanket watching the waves crash in. Then the clan chased the waves in and out for about an hour. After that we committed to a hike up the coastal path. We eventually returned home about five - job done.
Fiona then returned, we all had some food and then they all took off to the gym, athletics and footy run. Lastly I rigged up a mountain of furniture for 'H' to jump off and onto the bed ( It used to be a step ladder for the other two but Fiona banned it ! ), gave her a bath, read her a few stories and put her to bed. It may have been a long day but I love those crazy kid's. Saying that I am pleased to be back in to training tomorrow !.



CH







Dog lead- lovers lead !!!!!!

No comments: