Monday 25 May 2009

Whistle stop tour

A whistle stop tour of the East coast riviera is nearly at an end, for me anyway, as I go on another sort of tour tomorrow with my team mates. My family will stay up North to fly the flag for Devon for a few more days.
It has been great to relax with my my parents, safe in the knowledge that the Play-off curse is over!. We have walked round the corner to the beach ( Cleethorpes ), which by the way has just been given the Blue flag - be prepared for a 45 minute walk to the sea for a paddle though!, we have eaten copious amounts of food ( 'Birkits best meat' as my Mum points out ) and we have also, and most importantly, replayed the Cup final !!!!.
It was great to see my Auntie Maureen, who although has been devastated by the news of James death, has been a rock for her daughter Becky, Paul and Hannah. A walk to the beach with the family is always a breath of fresh air ( literally in this case ).
I will sign off now and later will run through the winners and losers of the football world, starting with the many clubs I have played for!!!!!.

Later..............Ok just got back Cleethorpes, the bag is packed and tomorrow the team fly off to Spain for an end of season jolly, I mean tour!.
On to Football and, incredibly, Burnley have made it to the Premiership. The lowest budget in the league and the least players used throughout the season just highlights what a massive achievement it is for the lancashire club. I listened to the commentary on the journey home and it brought back memories of a week last Sunday, I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!.

The fortunes of some of my old teams have varied, Hull have survived at the death, West Brom are down, Hereford are down, Brentford go up as champions, Grimsby survive just, Oxford missed out on the play-offs, Plymouth survive and Northampton go down. And my current team.................back in the league!!!!.
Finally I have to mention Newcastle, I think it's a sad day that a club that big, where 50,000 fans turn up every week to cheer their team on, has been relegated from the premiership. No one has any divine right to be in there but talk about miss-management, there are 17 ( average ) players earning at least 50,000 pounds a week on the pay roll, none have a clause in their contracts for relegation so I reckon, with the rest of the squad and management included, that's a cool million and a half a week going out!!.
Anyway put the ball away I hear you shouting, and as I am up at 4.30 a.m I think I should. If I can find an Internet Cafe on hols I shall blog on, if not be prepared for Mrs H !!

P.S Apologies about any grammatical errors, bit of a rush job!. Also for those of you who are concerned that, recently, I have neglected to talk about important political issues, news and current affairs I will make it up to you in the close season. For now though I will just mention the shocking 'expenses for M.P's' debacle and of course the break up of Katie and Peter !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CH

No comments: