Wednesday 27 May 2009

Good times with the family

It has been a fun packed few days for us on the East Coast. With both sets of grandparents living within a few miles of each other the children have had the best of both worlds. The first few days of our holiday were spent staying a Christian's parents, (if you were wondering Chris is short for Christian. I never really refer to him as Chris). They live only a couple of hundred meters from the sea front so on Sunday we went for the obligatory walk along the beach to the boating lake, followed by a family BBQ with Aunty Maureen, Mark (Christian's brother) and Harvey. Mark was in charge of all thing BBQ related, while Grandad Martin ensured the girls had a constant supply of Gin and Tonic. I think Christian had previously mentioned a large amount of Birkets best meat was consumed including my favourite a spicy lamb kebab (an acquired taste!!). Grandad Martin always makes sure he gets a few in for me. I love all things spicy and a bit obscure!.

With Christains' departure to Spain I moved out of town to my mum and dads yesterday. Another lovely day - a trip to town with the my sis, (who really knows how to shop!),and the girls while the boys stayed with Uncle Andy for a game of cricket and a trip to the barbers.


I'm not sure what tomorrow has in store - not much I hope. I'm happy to be away and be looked after with no cooking,cleaning or ironing for a whole week it doesn't get much better than this.

PS I believe the boys are enjoying themselves on their jolly holiday. I'm sure there will be plenty of stories and hopefully some good pics upon his return!!!

So it's goodnight for now.

FH

No comments: