Thursday 14 May 2009

Philosophy

Apologies about the lack of blog posting yesterday. I thought I would have time last night but it was quite a late return home after attending the question and answer evening, put on by the Supporters Trust, at the club. The player of the year awards were given out and then it was time to face the music in the form of a Q and A. Only joking it was a great night, lots of interesting stuff from the select panel - some good questions and some even longer answers!!! (apologies again about my mention of Mansell's dodgy DVD's, they are not X- rated).
The one thing that stood out for me, apart from Hilly's answers and Frank O'Farrell's stories, was the goodwill for Sundays final. I was also asked about the blog and my philosophy on life.
My answer on that subject is short - Don't ask the Lord for anything, just thank him if you receive it !.

A strange thing happened yesterday, could it be a sign ?. I was walking into Starbucks with my Wife and the beast. A lady was exiting the premises and so I held the door for her - she actually held it for me at first but you know ladies first etc. Had I have shot in first the outcome would have been very different, my wife or the lady in question would have received the bomb.
The bomb I am talking about was in the form of **** and from a great height. A mutant seagull that I think had been on the pop for the last week, and eaten at every fast food takeaway, covered me in you know what. I am talking about my whole leather ( mock ) jacket entirely covered. I was lucky it didn't land on my head!!. I had to fold the jacket up and then drop it in the sink to clean it when I got into the shop.
No, that wasn't enough, Harriet then decided to throw her Babycinno over me, I know it is a good sign to be **** on, and in my career I have been many times!! but it has definitely put me off Starbucks.
It was already in my file under Megalomaniac's ( those who want to rule the world ) along with MacDonald's and Tesco. Don't get me wrong I love a frothy coffee and the odd big mac, and we do some serious hours in that big store. But, in order, the £9.50 it costs for two coffee's in Starbucks and the shouts I hear in there of ....... " I'll have a skinny, frothy, De- caff, no cream, latte with a shot of vanilla to go please " really wind me up.
As does the question " Any pastries with that, or perhaps a cake ". No let me breathe!!!!.
Then there's the home of the biggest weasel of all 'Ronald Mac'. I will smile when I want to thanks, and no, it's too late to throw the old salad chestnut in now, the damage is done!.
Finally Tesco's, again don't get me wrong we frequent that place a lot and it is cheap, but it's the War time type panic that sets in when one house gets flooded, the 0.001 pence you get back after every tenner spent and the constant stream of people determined to spend there lives reversing in the car park that gets me. Bring back the corner shop, the bakers, butchers and candle stick makers.
OK I'm done now!!!!.

P.S Jessica-May Nicholson is awesome, well done Jenny, oh and you Kev !!.

P.S Massive belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tyronne Thompson for last week. The 'Bunionater' has yet to bring the cakes in, but I for one will not hold it against him - as long as he brings them in tomorrow!. 'Ty' is a top lad and a top pro, he has been a real example to all this season, no moaning or sulking, he just does his job with a smile on his face and he does it well.




CH

No comments: