Sunday 31 May 2009

Garden Party

Much later..........Well I didn't manage to get back on the lap top as yesterday was manic, lots of family, lots of phone calls, a mammoth stint as head chef on the BBQ and the ritual of Britain's Got Talent put pay to any blog time. Today hasn't been much better, the combination of packing cases and entertaining children doesn't mix!. The trip back from Devon was a real killer on Friday, yes it was a bad time to travel and yes I was tired but a seven hour trawl back up North was not deserved.
I took a forty five minute, twenty five mile, short cut only to end up being behind a truck that had carried on the same way!. I endured three sections of motorway, totalling around fifty miles, that had been rigged up with speed camera's at 50 mph. I chose two different routes both of which had signs saying ' LONG DELAYS'. I bought a coffee at a services for about £4 pounds, it was luke warm. I would say around seven of the discs in my back fused on route. The fuel dial was going down that quickly I thought the tank had a hole in it. And finally.....on entering Cleethorpes I was offered a 'Dual' at some lights with a 'souped up' Nissan Micra and then got stuck behind three lads on 'twist and go' scooters all determined to do themselves in !!. It had been emotional !.
In the end though it was well worth it, a lovely Saturday was had, celebrating my father in law Iain's 65th Birthday and impending retirement. He is a real gent and deserves a rest ! although Joan is very nervous about him soon being at home every day!!!.
Today we nipped over to see my parents, a big roast dinner was devoured in between Hatty going on a donkey ride and Fiona destroying a bottle of red, a bizarre combo I know.
It has been fantastic to see both sets of parents, the children have loved it, as have Fiona and myself. Tomorrow we are off again, a sort of 'holiday swap' as it were. I will do my best to find 'blogging' facilities, if not a mystery guest may be introduced. As ever thank-you for reading, I really hope that soon I can confirm that I am staying at this brilliant club, until then I'm still smiling !!!!!!!!.


CH

No comments: