Sunday 8 November 2009

Cup Run?

The cup run is on! A good team performance, a great hat-trick and a great following. Our aim now is to get to the third round draw and then we cross our fingers.

Yesterday, before the game, we had a minutes silence in memory of the 'Fallen'. The wind was howling and the rain was coming in as we huddled together waiting for the referee to blow his whistle. That minutes silence always seems like a very long minute and yesterday was no different. I looked down at the grass and I couldn't help but think of those poor souls who have died on desolate battlefields, open to the elements, cold and afraid. I know it's a bit solemn but for a few seconds my thoughts were definitely not with football. That is what the minutes silence is about though, remembering. As I write this piece, a list of those who have died in action in the last twelve months is being shown on TV. The amount and the age of those men who have died is very sad.

Today is a day for wrapping up and blowing the cobwebs away with a long walk, with that in mind I am now on the hunt for coats, scarfs and gloves for five.

CH

No comments: