Wednesday 4 November 2009

Lift off

What a cruel game football is. My mate Jase will, I have no doubt, be crying into his San Miguel after witnessing Liverpool concede a last minute equaliser, costing them three valuable points, possible Champions League qualification, and heaping more pressure on their already under fire manager Rafa Benitez.
Never mind Jase I will be round tomorrow night with some heavy duty fireworks to liven the proceedings up (we are having a late night supper and explosion fest) - My wife has finally lifted my ban on all things dangerous and loud, therefore I have purchased a variety of pyrotechnics.
I admit that over the years my track record on firework night has not been great. It all started when I was about ten. I put a firework in my new 'Parker' coat pocket, but I was lighting that many at the time I hadn't realised that the one in my coat was alight . The next thing I know my leg is quite hot and my pocket is glowing. You can guess the rest. I had to wear that coat with it's burnt out pocket until my parents were satisfied that I had learnt my lesson - about a month in all!.

The runaway firework in Northampton was actually just bad luck, I couldn't help it if there was a sudden gust of wind could I?. Admittedly it was a large display firework on the loose but all the same the children thought it was all part of the show - horizontal fireworks are a novelty after all!.
Let me assure you though that tomorrow night there will be an exclusion zone in place, no one will be allowed anywhere near me! What with the excitement of Halloween, Bonfire night tomorrow and then Christmas, I (I mean the children of course) can hardly contain themselves.
Be safe one and all.

CH

No comments: