Wednesday 25 November 2009

'A Hard Day's Night' !
In 'Beatle' form that lyric sums up yesterday's events. The day began in pain (stomach cramps) and ended in pain (stomach cramps). In between that we all faced, in no particular order, wind and rain, a five hour journey there, and a five hour journey back. Oh yes and we squeezed in a game of football as well.
It would not have flattered us to have been leading that game by 4-1 at half-time but it wasn't to be. Again, after leading a game we should have won, we were pegged back and had to settle for a point. We have to win those sorts of games and that was the 'strong' message that came form my mouth in the changing room afterwords - the combination being so disappointed for the lad's massive efforts and also having major stomach turmoil did nothing to lighten the mood!.
This morning I popped to see Ian at the Cary Arms in Babbacombe. I haven't been for a while and wow, what a place. Great coffee, great beer (too early for me though, just!) and the rooms are amazing. Ian didn't believe me when I said that our team 'warmdown's' were sometimes taken in the sea below. I think it's a log fire and an overnight stay for my next 'warmdown' though. Calling all babysitters!.

WELL DONE HANNAH on achieving your Duke of Edinburgh award. I am delighted that you made it through, and all this whilst wearing your T.U.F.C jacket. I know it must have been a bit nippy so next time I will have to try and source you some official club merchandise of the 'winter warmer' variety! (Club hat and gloves to follow shortly as well, so keep an eye on the post).

Thank your Mum so much for her beautiful letter (very difficult to write I'm sure) and give Mum and Dad a big hug from me. Well maybe just a handshake then Paul!!!.
Love to all.

CH

No comments: