Thursday 19 November 2009

Make it snappy

First and foremost, a huge congratulations to the T.U.F.C youth team who came through a tough test last night, they beat Norwich in the F.A youth cup last night playing really well and fully deserving their victory. Five hundred people cheered the team on, and they responded by fighting and scrapping for every ball. I nipped in to the changing room after the game to say well done and the atmosphere in there was brilliant. Next round Millwall and more of the same please lads.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is the role of the new GMTV fitness presenter not to promote...er.. fitness?. I know how harsh the conditions in the 'celebrity jungle' are but surely little old Camilla has cast doubt over her own health by leaving the show through exhaustion after only five day's. Anyway I really can't watch it this year due to my own health reasons, especially the after show section where Joe (can I be any more 'Cockney' if I tried) Swash locks horns with Michelle( I cannot pronounce 'Camaraderie' Heaton) and Janice (I hate everybody) Dickinson. Sorry Ant and Dec, even though you two are carrying the show, I can't do it.

I popped into Tesco this morning and the cat section alone had more stock in it than some third world countries, and the whole store had almost as many staff in there than it had customers - I actually (sadly I know) counted 80 until I got bored and left, fabric conditioner in hand!
If I had accidentally tripped over and slumped onto the floor down one of the bread or frozen food aisles I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid. Such was the frenzy in there that I would probably have been gently walked over by staff on a deadline to fill the ciabatta section or by pre-Christmas shoppers buying frozen voluvants for the imminent arrival of Auntie Betty and Uncle Derek.

Apologies if tonight's blog has already offended anybody, I am like an old dog today, in pain and snappy!.

Today it was Lee 'Lamb' Mansell's turn to dig out his wallet and feed the five thousand (well Nicholson, Hargreaves and Bevan). 'Lamb' (kitted out in wool as it happened) showed great patience waiting for yours truly (who had a pre-lunch panic up of near epic proportion due to keys In 'Toddy's' pocket scenario). All the same we made it through another meeting of gastronomic delights and acidic banter. How strange that the table next to us was soon being filled by Anne Widdencombe plus one. The former Shadow Home Secretary, once tipped as a possible P.M, must have been riveted by the conversation on the table opposite! Still it could have been worse. Whilst she was tucking into her meal (Shepard's pie, peas and gravy I believe) I was considering shuffling over and mentioning to her that I too was now a published author!(her being a veteran of five books already). We could have swapped stories and compared notes, her on government scandal and world leaders, me on the condition of the racecourse and the best route to Stockport by coach. But no, I left her in peace. After all I had a much more important job on, the children needed picking up in twenty minutes!!

CH

No comments: