Monday 30 November 2009

Topics

Tonight's blog may take some time, so, for now, I will give you a list of topics to ponder over whilst I type away.

Coach Trip
Pharmacy
Game Off
TV Awards
X-Factor
Weather(It's a Brit thing!)
Bike Theft
Jungle
Track and Field

....and breath!




First of all may I take the opportunity to say whichever 'Chav' stole my little girls bike from her School last Friday had better start peddling very, very fast, because if catch as much as a glimpse of a 'hoodie' on a pink BMX over the next couple of day's there will be explaining to do of near biblical proportion. Receiving the news of the theft, and of Issy's tears, sent me into a rage that has yet to die down, so let's hope for every one's sake that I don't come across the culprit responsible.
OK I have now counted to ten. Last Thursday's weekly lunch not only broke new records, it also saw new faces. Incredibly, 'Bevs' decided to bring along the brother's grim, Chris Robertson and Mark Ellis, for lunch. This, after already keeping us waiting for 40 minutes, went down like the proverbial lead balloon.
After the initial shock the waitresses let 'Dingle' and 'Robbo' in, which was all the more surprising considering 'Robbo' looked like he was going to rob the place with his beanie hat and hoodie on, and that 'Dingle' didn't utter a word, he just stared at the girls with menace.
Anyway we eventually ate (shocking banter from the girls, you just can't get the staff nowadays!!!!!), 'Manse' was emaciated by the time his food came, I was freezing and ill (little did I know it was the start of the Delhi Belly) and had to resort to wearing one of Kev's knitwear specials, and Kev himself was just annoyed that I wasn't paying!.
As far as 'Robbo' and 'Dingle' were concerned the big 'ginger' one brought his own drink (we spiked it with fifteen lumps of sugar when he nipped to the loo, he drank it all!) and answered the shop's phone, and the big 'white' one said nothing, ate, and left! (to be fair to Mark though he has since bought a round of drinks and spoken).
That leaves the bill payer, Scott Bevan. It was actually my turn to pay but the big man thought it was his, and who am I to argue! After adding Maureen's coffee and cake to the total (Maureen is a lovely lady, future author, and widow to a former WW2 bomb disposal expert) the final bill came to.....well let's just say he dropped his wallet. See you on Thursday lad's, my turn.

The trip to Stockport was obviously a disaster, two day's wasted, two day's spent with Benyon, and two day's on and off a coach - The fact that the rugby had been postponed the night before should have seen us boarding the coach and driving back a day earlier but it wasn't to be.
Back in the engine room, and having the added bonus of returning earlier than expected on Saturday night, it was straight to the 'Chippie' for a fish and chip supper with the Miller's and then a slice of X-factor.
I then had to suffer an episode of the 'Celebrity Jungle' with Sam Fox exclaiming to her Mother "Yeah babe that's right" and Joe 'Pie and Mash' Swash telling someone that he "ditent believe it" (It's 'did not' Joe, my old 'mucka').

Last but not least, the TV awards. I was invited along by the BBC, and I dragged Lee Mansell and Kevin Nicholson with me. They were both horrified to hear that my name was in the hat for an award when we arrived, so you can imagine what it was like when my name was called out. 'Lamb' turned a funny colour and Kev refused to let me out to receive the award. Nevertheless we all had a good laugh, I mingled at an international level whilst 'Ant and Dec' destroyed the buffet and any respect that I had built up in the media world. Thank's lad's!.
Tonight it was father and daughter on the athletics track and tomorrow night it's Dad on the football field. A win is needed, that is what we have been training for and that is what can get it we all do it right.

CH

No comments: